Spayed and Neutered Pets live a healthier and longer life!
At Cat Care Clinic, we believe in the importance of spaying/neutering kittens to provide them with a long and healthy life.
Spaying or neutering your cat will reduce common problems such as:
- A pyometra, or uterine infection, is a potentially life-threatening condition which can cost thousands of dollars to treat. Occurrence is 100% preventable if your pet is spayed.
- Many mammary tumors are malignant and can spread to other areas of the body. Early spaying, prior to your pet beginning its heat cycles, significantly reduces the incidence of tumor formation.
- There are more kittens overpopulating shelters than there are people willing to provide them with love and care. Sadly, many are euthanized.
- Testicular cancer can be eliminated and prostatitis, an infection causing malignant or benign swelling of the prostate, can be greatly reduced with early neutering.
- Unwanted behavioral problems such as dominance aggression, marking territory and wandering can be avoided with early spaying/neutering.
Spay Neuter Services of Indiana (SNSI)
The Cat Care Clinic is also a participating veteriniarian in the SNSI's spay-neuter assistance program (SNAP) to assist those that may not be able to afford to have their pet spayed or neutered. For more information, visit the SNSI website.