Prolong Your Cat's Life
Cat Care Clinic provides a full range of preventive care services to help your cat live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Association of Feline Practitioners and take into consideration your cat’s hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Our recommendations for feline annual preventive care include:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions. During the exam our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Thyroid palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccination recommendations include core vaccines Rabies and Feline Distemper. The Rabies vaccination is mandated by state law. Vaccination against Feline Panleukemia, Rhinotracheitis, Calici Virus, and Feline Leukemia are essential. The appropriate schedule for your cat will be recommended by a veterinarian.
- Parasite Control Products to prevent and repel heartworms, intestinal parasites, and fleas. Round worms can be transmitted to humans, so controlling these parasites protects your cat and also your family. Cats that go outside should also have stool checks for internal parasites every 6-12 months or whenever stool consistency changes are appreciated.
- Diagnostic Testing to check for Feline Leukemia and/or Feline AIDS (FeLV/FIV), heartworms or other internal parasites and early stages of diseases which cannot be detected during a physical exam.
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as annual wellness blood work, dental care, nutritional recommendations, and microchipping, that can lead to a longer and healthier life for your cat.